hmmm..

okay, so. occassionally i get a hankerin' for an old movie from say, the 90's. a few months ago i watched Titanic. i had all the expectations of it being as wonderful as when i was, what, 16? well, sadly. i was disappointed. it just seemed a bit cheesy. it was still a good love story, but seemed sort of silly as an adult.


robin-hood-costner_l

so yesterday, i decided to watch Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. and, again was disappointed. i guess i just shouldnt have such expectations. i mean, okay, so kevin costner is supposed to be this 'robin of locksley', who lives IN ENGLAND, but nobody thought that it would be a good idea for him to have an english accent? i mean, come on? nobody caught that before they sent it into theatres? and i know it was the 90's, but honestly, did they have mullets back in King Richard's time? NO. everybody else looked ragged and poor, but nooooooo.. not kevin costner. we'll give robin hood a mullet because thats what is hot right now. bleh.

maybe i should just stick to current releases.

Sartori Fam  – (8/27/2009 9:26 PM)  

I used to love that movie and was thinking about watching it the other day, thanks for talking me out of it! I'm not into mullets anymore!

Cher  – (8/28/2009 1:09 PM)  

ha ha ha. haven't seen either of those movies in ages, don't raelly want to either. there are a few good movies that came out of the 90's though... i'll think of them.

jenilynd  – (9/01/2009 3:29 PM)  

Well I guess for the old days it was fine!! come on how can you not like the line "A spoon Cousin, Why a spoon" "Because it's dull you idiot it will hurt more! "

Callister  – (9/03/2009 10:31 PM)  

A few days ago, I saw the same movie on sale at Smith's and was so tempted to buy it. I loved that movie, mostly because of "Everything I do, I..." you know the song. I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP