the tastier leaf

so. i'm revamping. with a new house, comes a new way of eating. we've been doing the zone/sugarbusters for a while. but to be honest, i've never been a "dieter".. . i never felt i had to. i have a slim build, am athletic, and frankly dont have the desire to limit myself when it comes to what i eat.

and mostly, it was because the man wanted to, not me. but alas, the baby pooch, as i call it, needs to go. and i've been persuaded by my uber health concious hubby, that i would benefit from a lifestyle change. not that i dont eat healthy already, or just stuff my face with crap, but i don't really care to diet either. and the only guidelines i've given myself previously, are if i dont like it, dont eat it. if i do, then look out stomach! (in moderataion, of course).

so here i come body for life. i am officially "dieting".. ugh. i hate that. i feel like there is so much stigma attached to that (mostly self inflicted). it makes me feel old that i "need to diet". but, if it makes me get rid of the baby pooch and look better, then i guess i'll exercise some self control . and the fact that i've agreed to it, should help a bit.

here's one of the first meals.. it was actually easy and so pretty on my NEW PLATES!
i made on prerequisite to agree to the diet.
i would get new plates.
A. because i hate my old ones.
B. so they could be smaller to fit smaller portion sizes but still look full.
and
C. they are simple and classic. mmmm... everything looks good on them. seriously.


(i love that the onion looks like its trying to escape!)

salad never tasted so good!

Celeste  – (7/06/2010 5:25 PM)  

Dude can I join you? I LOVE body for life! The healthiest weight & happiest I've been was from doing that program. I was working an office job at the time & I just had a reminder on my calendar on my computer that would pop up every 3 hours saying "eat cottage cheese & yogurt" or some balanced nonsense. So it was easy. I felt like "crap, I've got to eat again" instead of "when in the hell can I eat again?". Since I'm feeding Abram every 3 hours anyway it should be easy to remember, right.
It's funny, I literally go this book off my shelf on Sunday thinking " I should do this again & rid myself of this damn pooch once & for all." coincidence? I think not. It's destiny.

Cher  – (7/06/2010 8:35 PM)  

love the plates. and mmm, looks good.
don't worry too much about the pooch. you've had 3 kids. everyone who's had 3 kids has one. don't they?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP