evolution of a spider

i came up with this brilliant idea all by myself. i know.
i'm amazing.
the first ever to have thought of it, right.

anywho.. it was pretty easy.
water balloons. paper mache paste. black paint. string. and pipe cleaner.


first. almost kill yourself trying to blow up water balloons.
i thought my ears were going to burst. seriously.

second. dip your newspaper in paste and wrap around the balloon.
be careful not to flick paste in your eye as you try to grab the balloon as its rolling off the table.
not that i would know.

third. dry.

fourth. paint.

fifth. (same as third) dry.

sixth. glue legs on.


seventh. scare your hubby with them by hanging it in the shower or closet.

my kids are really getting a kick out of them.
i'm going to paint a red hourglass on one of them and move it around the house for the kids to find.
i'm quite proud of them. if i do say so myself.

Jill Taylor  – (10/15/2010 4:51 PM)  

Very Cute!! I love them!! Now if I could just motivate myself I will have to make some...my kids would love them!!!

Lauren  – (10/26/2010 5:21 AM)  

How do you get all this crafty stuff DONE? You must not sleep. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP